Creating a Login Page
When you install ProfilePress for the first time you are prompted to create pages for the smooth operation of the plugin. A custom login page is created for you during that process. However, if you dismissed that prompt or just want to create a custom login page on the frontend of your WordPress site, you should read these instructions.
The page you are creating will contain a shortcode from the Forms & Profiles Section. This page will be used to log in users into the website.
Step One – Building the Login Form
- Hover on ProfilePress and click on Forms & Profiles
- Click on Add New and select the Login form type
- Enter a name for the form
- Select your preferred template
- Design the form with the drag & drop builder
You can preview how the form will look like by clicking on the “Live Preview” button
After saving the form a shortcode will be generated for that particular form. Click on Forms & Profiles and copy the shortcode for the newly created form.
Step Two – Creating the Page
- Navigate to “Pages -> add new” in your WordPress dashboard.
- Create a new page and give it a title.
- Add the form shortcode you copied earlier to the page content.
- Save the page
NB: If you are using Gutenberg Block Editor you need to add the Shortcode block then paste the shortcode in the field
Step Three – Finishing up
After creating the page, you need to set the page as the default login page in the global settings so users are redirected to the page when they visit the default WordPress login page located at
- Hover on ProfilePress and click on Settings
- Select the Global Settings tab
- Scroll down to the login page section and select the newly created custom login page.
- Click on Save Changes.
That’s it 😁