Creating a Password Reset Form
This form will allow users to recover their lost passwords or reset passwords on your website.
Note: the terms password reset, lost password and forgot passwords are used interchangeably in this tutorial and they all mean the same thing.
Building the Password Reset Form
- Hover on ProfilePress and click on Forms & Profiles
- Click on Add New and select the Password Reset form type
- Enter a name for the form
- Select your preferred template
- Design the form with the drag & drop builder or the Advanced shortcode builder.
You can preview how the form will look like by clicking on the “Live Preview” button
The Form Settings
In the form settings, you can change the form headline, colors and button labels. You can also set the success message shown to the new users.
After saving the form a shortcode will be generated for that particular form. Go to Forms & Profiles>>Edit Profile and copy the shortcode for the newly created form.
That’s it! Your custom WordPress Password reset form is live and ready to use.
The last step is to add the password reset shortcode to a page.
NB: If you are using Gutenberg Block Editor you need to add the Shortcode block then paste the shortcode in the field